[squeak-dev] Clamato

Avi Bryant avi at dabbledb.com
Fri Sep 4 03:41:55 UTC 2009

On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 8:18 PM, Chris Muller<asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Avi, Clamato looks interesting.  I am curious about the roadmap;
> the main driving objective propeling the work forward.  Truly a new
> "Smalltalk dialect" running in the browser?  Or is Clamato's ultimate
> goal more about wielding the browser via Javascript..?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "wielding the browser via
Javascript", but - for us, the main objective is to have a more
pleasant environment in which to write the client-side of web
applications.  A secondary use case might be to just use the web
browser as a development environment for code that was intended to run
on, say, V8 on the server.

Avi