[squeak-dev] A little ToolBuilder nitpick

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 22:57:19 UTC 2009

A ToolBuilderSpec having a name,
so it is easy to associate a widget with it.
But what is a big disappointment to me, that name is not used anywhere
outside the builder (when you built the morphs).
Some of the this there is a bit odd..
I don't want to use a #widgetAt: , right after issuing #buildOn: to
access morphs , because at this stage its not really interesting.
The most interesting is to be able to talk with widget when user
interacting with your model.

It would be nice to have a toolbuilder to set some key in morph's
extension attributes to carry its spec's name.
Then i could simply check the morph spec name in appropriate places
and could do very powerful things
with morph, without referencing/keeping it in a model persistently.

What i'm actually want to achieve with it, having a good parallel to HTML
- first you defining the document structure declaratively, you don't
have actual object yet
- then when page is loaded you able to use javascript and its very
easy to manipulate with elements which having a predefined ids.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.