[squeak-dev] [SUGG] About Bug Tracking

Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz glpunzi at lordzealon.com
Sun Sep 6 08:17:28 UTC 2009

Hi,

Not so far, there was a "war" about the use of Mantis and other
relating bug tracking software.

Instead of using external tools, Could'nt be interesting to get
something like Bug Tracking integrated into SqueakSource or Monticello?

This could facilities reporting bugs inside the image, read fix, and
so on.

Gjallar(1) is a bug tracking software written in Squeak AFAIR and
probably is easy to integrate with the release image. Why we use Mantis?

I think is more easy (not to me, sad)  to create a little reporting
and fixing framework inside Squeak tools, than using and binding with
existings tools in other languajes.

Just my 2 cents from my ignorance.

(1) http://gjallar.se/

Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz
Blog: http://www.lordzealon.com
Twitter & Skype & GoogleTalk accounts: glpunzi