[squeak-dev] Re: source.squeak.org down again

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sun Sep 6 18:53:43 UTC 2009

Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> I just added you as developer on source.squeak.org.

Thanks. If you take a fully updated trunk image, you can load SS using
the SSLoader configuration map on source.squeak.org. Once loaded, you
can launch SS via:

SSRepository classPool at: #Current
	put: SSRepository defaultRepository.
SSRepository classPool at: #Storage
	put: SSRepository defaultStorage.
SSRepository current rootUrl: 'http://localhost:9090/'.
SSRepository startUp.

(btw, where are the mutators for Current/Storage?)

> And the squeaksource.com repo is open to anybody.

Thanks but I don't want to mess things up (i.e., break stuff in 3.7 etc)
in case there are people still interested in it. I feel more comfortable
messing up things at source.squeak.org since we only need to maintain
the version that we're planning to run ;-)

> Has anyone ever migrated a largish source repository to a new image?
> Anything to watch out for?

Since we have so few projects we could just import all the files again.
We did this when we switched to Gemstone at work and it worked all right.

Cheers,
   - Andreas