[squeak-dev] ToolBuilder-Kernel changes made by Matthew Fulmer

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 19:02:44 UTC 2009

2009/9/7 Ken G. Brown <kbrown at mac.com>:
> Question:
> If ToolBuilder has its own repository, and changes to ToolBuilder are done at separate repository at squeaksource.com/DeltaStreams, then also put into the trunk repository, then it is found in trunk that a small fix is required to ToolBuilder, where would the be fix be stored? If done just locally to trunk,  how would it ever be possible to keep ToolBuilder in its separately loadable repository in sync?
>
> Similarly for MC. I've seen the following go by:
> At 3:36 AM +0000 8/31/09, commits at source.squeak.org apparently wrote:
>>Andreas Raab uploaded a new version of Monticello to project The Trunk:
>>http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Monticello-ar.321.mcz
>
> Yet it is clear that at the public repository for MC at http://www.squeaksource.com/mc/, that Monticello is already at at least version 492. How does the Andreas 321 change relate to the 492 version in the public MC repository?
>
> What are the plans for keeping versions of separately loadable modules like Monticello, or ToolBuilder in sync?
>
> Or if forking Monticello, shouldn't it have a different name?
>
> Or am I missing something?
>
> Are the planned work items for trunk documented anywhere?

Ken, my opinion is always were to keep changes in official
repositories which belong to some package, not
the diverse set of repositories attached to some projects.
But for some time it is necessary, because developer who may want to
do own quirks is not sure if given changes
are will be useful / adopted outside his own project.
So, what i proposed is to make an overview of a changes, and if they
is generally useful for more broader audience than
single project, it may worth merging them to the main repository.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.