3.10.2 Forever ? (was Re: [squeak-dev] How to get a Trunk image)

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Sep 7 22:47:46 UTC 2009

On 9/7/09 5:22 PM, "Eliot Miranda" <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Edgar,
>
>     if you have code that generates a .cs from two .mcz's are you
> willing to share it?  That would be very useful code indeed.

Elliot , I send the code some days the code ago.
Today I send two mails, the valid is the second one.

Anyway , the code is very simple for have the .cs for each .mcz downloaded
from trunk and is this

!MCPackageLoader methodsFor: 'private' stamp: 'edc 9/1/2009 03:37' prior:
34174438!
useChangeSetNamed: baseName during: aBlock
    "Use the named change set, or create one with the given name."
    | changeHolder oldChanges newChanges csName |

    changeHolder := (ChangeSet respondsTo: #newChanges:)
                        ifTrue: [ChangeSet]
                        ifFalse: [Smalltalk].
    oldChanges := (ChangeSet respondsTo: #current)
                        ifTrue: [ChangeSet current]
                        ifFalse: [Smalltalk changes].
csName := (SystemVersion current highestUpdate + 1) asString,baseName.
    newChanges := (ChangesOrganizer changeSetNamed: csName) ifNil: [
ChangeSet new name: csName ].
    changeHolder newChanges: newChanges.
    [aBlock value] ensure: [changeHolder newChanges: oldChanges].
SystemVersion current registerUpdate: SystemVersion current highestUpdate +
1
! !

Off course , once you have all could export the .cs and revert this method
to the trunk one.

Or made a best one for the same thing.

Edgar