[squeak-dev] xmlrpc

Ching de la Serna ching.dls at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 01:13:12 UTC 2009

Hi All,
I posted this in the [NEWBIES] Mailing list and it was suggested to me to
try Squeak-dev as there are more people conversant with this who would not
mind a newbie question.

I am trying to understand xmlrpc with the purpose of posting to my wordpress
blog using that protocol. I have loaded XMLRPC (0.2.9) from SqueakMap along
with YAXO (2.2) and Kom.

I tried to trigger the xmlrpc.php functions "sayHello" and "addTwoNumbers"
using

r _ proxy invokeMethod: 'sayHello' withArgs: #().
r _ proxy invokeMethod: 'addTwoNumbers' withArgs: #(1 2).

Both raised: XMLRPCFaultException:server error. requested method
(sayHello/addTwoNumbers) does not exist.

I copied both functions from the /xmlrpc.php on my site.
Can anyone please help me with the proper way to use XMLRPC on Squeak?

Thanks in advance,

Ching