[squeak-dev] Dealing with MorphicExtras-ST80

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Sep 15 06:37:23 UTC 2009

Hi -

In my ongoing quest to make MVC reloadable, I've now come to some more
interesting dependencies. MorphicExtras-ST80 contains a bunch of classes
that relate to running Morphic inside MVC projects. I'm not sure how to
deal with this dependencies, here are some proposals for possible
directions:

1) Remove it. I'm not sure if anyone would care. Holler if you do.

2) Move it into a MorphicWIW package that contains both embedded Morphic
worlds (currently in MorphicExtras-AdditionalWorlds; would become
MorphicWIW-Core) as well as Morphic projects in MVC (would become
MorphicWIW-ST80).

3) Define a set of more generic "MorphicDemos-*" packages that would
include MorphicDemos-ST80 and could be used to split out other packages
that are obvious candidates (top of my list: the Fabrik remnants,
Text-on-Curves, and GeeMail) all of which are fairly self-contained, do
not provide a core functionality and are not used anywhere in sight.

Any preferences? Alternatives?

Cheers,
   - Andreas