[squeak-dev] Squeak license? Traits?

Michael van der Gulik mikevdg at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 09:46:03 UTC 2009

Hi all.

I need an image which has:
* No traits.
* Monticello.
* MIT / Apache 2.0 license.
* As few bugs as possible.

I need this to grab the code in the Kernel-* and Collections-* categories as
a base for namespaced versions. This will be a fork and until I write
special tools to manage namespaced changesets, it will be one-way.

What are my options?

Is Squeak now under the Apache 2.0 and MIT licenses, or are bits in Kernel
and Collections still under Squeak-L? Was the relicensing effort successful?
The Squeak web site says otherwise.

Is Cuis really released under the MIT license? Did Juan relicense it from
Apache 2.0?

How difficult is it to remove traits from Squeak or Pharo?

How difficult is it to add Monticello to Cuis?

And the flamebait: which release has the fewest bugs in the Kernel-* and
Collections-* categories?

Thanks,
Gulik.

--