[squeak-dev] Re: Squeak license? Traits?

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Sep 15 14:40:53 UTC 2009

Michael van der Gulik wrote:
> And the flamebait: which release has the fewest bugs in the Kernel-* and
> Collections-* categories?

The latest trunk should be pretty good. Plus, if you can get MC to work,
you could just merge newer versions.

BTW, are you planning to support namespaces via Monticello? If so, can I
ask you to talk a little more about what you are planning? Personally, I
got completely stuck with Monticello's flat representation, i.e., the
issue that definitions aren't nested. Since a method definition isn't
located "inside" a class definition it makes it pretty much impossible
to determine the actual scope of the method definition. For a brief
(VERY brief) moment I considered rewriting Monticello but I quickly got
cured when looking at the actual code involved.

Cheers,
   - Andreas