[squeak-dev] Re: facelifting the trunk?

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Tue Sep 15 22:52:09 UTC 2009

David Corking  wrote:
> Bert wrote:
> > For Squeak, yes. We decided to only accept contributions under MIT.
> > Reopening that discussion would open a whole can of worms I'm afraid.
>
> A link please?   (To the decision, not to the discussion.)
>
> My recollection is that the "MIT only" restriction is for
> contributions to Squeak.

Exactly.

>  I have not yet noticed mention of a
> restriction for artefacts harvested from outside the project.

The subject of this thread is "facelifting the trunk", so we are talking
about taking code harvested from outside the project and transforming it
into a contribution to Squeak. If the discussion were instead about
having this as a loadable project then the license would not be such an
issue.

-- Jecel