[squeak-dev] facelifting the trunk?

Giuseppe Luigi Punzi glpunzi at lordzealon.com
Wed Sep 16 11:16:10 UTC 2009

El mar, 15-09-2009 a las 15:16 +0200, Michael Haupt escribió:

> Hi,
>
> would it not be an interesting idea to make Vassili Bykov's facelift
> patches the standard in the trunk? I, for one, really like the lean
> appearance of facelifted images.
>
> Obviously, the patches would first have to be made available to the
> public, which they are currently not. After that, there might be
> issues (Robert Krahn just tells me Polymorph might object to being
> facelifted).
>
> Still, the overall look would benefit, at least in my opinion. Maybe
> it's even possible to make this a preference ... but the patches apply
> some deep changes IIRC.

+1

I like Newspeak look.

Something themeable, and with more widgets, like Polymorph (with only
one theme installed and the others as optionals for example), could be
interesting to have integrated in the image IMHO. I would like to see
SqueakUI Builder working out of the box over Squeak (it depends on
Polymorph and is being developed over Pharo).