[squeak-dev] Re: facelifting the trunk?

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Sep 18 03:08:59 UTC 2009

Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> On 17.09.2009, at 13:45, Göran Krampe wrote:
>> (presuming some coloring scheme for different tools is still in effect
>> - I don't want *everything* to be grey)
>
> +1

Unfortunately, the Newspeak facelift is obviously designed as a plainly
colored theme with the only color sprinkled in carefully by the window
buttons and the "dirty marker". There is no good way to mix and match
colors so if you don't like the fact that it's gray then don't use it.

FWIW, I'm attaching what I consider the "final" version of Botox
(meaning I won't spend any more time on it). No screenshots because I
really want people to try it in action instead of judging from a single
screenshot. Hint: It's worth trying it as it looks significantly
different from the previous version for a particular reason which I find
critical to really judging the look.

I recommend loading it into a trunk image, firing up a browser, looking
at some implementors and then opening the test runner. This should give
you a pretty good feel for what it's like.

Cheers,
   - Andreas