[squeak-dev] Re: facelifting the trunk?

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 03:41:56 UTC 2009

2009/9/18 Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de>:
> Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>>
>> On 17.09.2009, at 13:45, Göran Krampe wrote:
>>>
>>> (presuming some coloring scheme for different tools is still in effect -
>>> I don't want *everything* to be grey)
>>
>> +1
>
> Unfortunately, the Newspeak facelift is obviously designed as a plainly
> colored theme with the only color sprinkled in carefully by the window
> buttons and the "dirty marker". There is no good way to mix and match colors
> so if you don't like the fact that it's gray then don't use it.

No need to defend or prove something. UI is always about personal
preference & taste.
Almost in all situations in life, when you making some people happier,
at the same time
you making some other people unhappy, no matter how good you try.
IMO to judge if we doing things right is to make the number of happier
people significantly
more than those who will become unhappy due to our actions.
And i think facelifting is right thing, even if someone wouldn't like
it at all :)

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.