[squeak-dev] facelifting the trunk?

Ronald Spengler ron.spengler at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 09:14:54 UTC 2009

Yeah! I have come to really enjoy all of the color. When I fire up my
Pharo image, I look at it and feel kind of bored. (Why's it so hard to
get a halo in the beta, anyway?) even though I really, really like
some of the things the Pharo folks have done.

Watery 2 doesn't even get close to Apple's look. The drop-shadows ruin
the best suspension of disbelief. The biggest weakness in Polymorph is
that it only gives you three themes: one is designed to look like
Squeak, the other two, well, they don't pull it off so well.

We really need is some good new art, I think. Totally orthogonal to
the skinning issue. Two separate problems.

--
Ron