[squeak-dev] Facelift in trunk (and more)

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Sat Sep 19 14:53:17 UTC 2009

Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> On 19.09.2009, at 11:23, Hans-Martin Mosner wrote:
>
>> One thing that I'd want to change is the scrollbar looks. I think they
>> would look much lighter if the borders of scrollbar buttons and of the
>> slider would overlap when the elements are adjacent, and if they would
>> merge with the scroll pane's border.
>>
>> Currently, it looks like this:
>> <PluggableListMorphPlus.jpeg>
>>
>> I'd prefer this:
>> <PluggableListMorphPlus2.jpeg>
>
> It's a tiny thing that makes a big improvement IMHO :)

Much better indeed!

Btw, under influence of some substances (cognaq) last night I tried to
show a college that we cold add "alt-tab" windows swapping behavior into
Squeak (we were looking at Pharo at the time) and while digging through
the code we found that Polymorph has added this capability - I think
cmd-<left arrow> and cmd-<right arrow>.

But I couldn't make it happen on my Ubuntu box, not sure what "cmd"
should be - I thought naively "alt"?

Anyway, can we show my collegue who likes Smalltalk but really don't
think we have a good "feel" (as in look&feel) - that we can fix this?

I tend to agree with him, it is quite odd that we don't have "alt-tab"
behavior.

regards, Göran