[squeak-dev] Collections

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Tue Sep 22 15:20:38 UTC 2009

Hi!

I uploaded 5 packages which give cleaner and faster implementations of Set
and subclasses' #fixCollisionsFrom:. These changes also replace the
copying of these objects with the more common #copy and #postCopy methods.
The suggested load/merge order is:

Collections-ul.141
Kernel-ul.249
Collections-ul.142
Kernel-ul.250
Collections-ul.143

While I was doing these changes I came to the conclusion that
Set >> #findElementOrNil: should be removed. It checks for a case which
never happens (normally). I'm about to update #scanFor: to raise an error
instead of returning 0 and replace all sends of #findElementOrNil: with
#scanFor:. If you know something that's against this change, let me know.

Cheers,
Levente