[squeak-dev] Re: [ANN] UGP / SecureSqueak version 0.1 released

Michael van der Gulik mikevdg at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 04:13:48 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 3:30 PM, Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:

> Michael van der Gulik wrote:
>
>> I'm announcing version 0.1 of my Unnamed Grand Project, including naïve
>> versions of SecureSqueak, Subcanvas, SiteBrowser and DPON.
>>

> The UGP, eh? Very funny ;-) I need to find some to play with it (hopefully
> on the weekend now that the new release is out) but as a general question,
> do you feel that there are parts that are "ready" for wider consumption? If
> so, what parts feel like worth looking at?

No part of it is ready for wider consumption. Sorry! Everything is pretty
skeletal; for example, Subcanvas currently can only draw lines, rectangles
and text, which is barely enough to draw stuff on the screen. Gradients,
elipses and bezier curves will come later.

My next step is to refactor the namespaces and improve the tools. I'll be
grabbing the most recent trunk image (thank you!) with ToolBuilder based
tools and importing Kernel-* and Collections-*. If I make any changes that
Squeak could benefit from, I'll feed the changes back to you.

Gulik.

--
http://gulik.pbwiki.com/