[squeak-dev] minExtent vs. minHeight/minWidth

Markus Lampert markuslampert at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 24 14:49:08 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I'm looking into fixing the ProportionalSplitterMorph behaviour in SystemWindow and came across minHeight and minWidth, which return unrelated results to minExtent (quite to my surprise).

minHeight/minWidth almost always return 2 unless specifically set otherwise, via minHeight:/minWidth:. minExtent actually tries to come up with a reasonable minimum extent for the receiver.
Given the naming I would have expected minHeight/minWidth to be implemented in terms of minExtent, or vice versa.

Does somebody know what the intent of the 2 different interfaces is (the method comments don't help)?

Thanks,
Markus