[squeak-dev] Re: minExtent vs. minHeight/minWidth

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Sep 25 02:26:05 UTC 2009

Hi Markus -

The difference is that #minExtent includes the layout constraints that
result from submorphs, whereas minWidth/minHeight are considered the
"intrinsic" minimal representation of the morph. There is a need for
both interfaces since the minExtent needs to be based on the minimum
intrinsic size though the choice of names might be arguable ;-)

Put differently, minWidth/minHeight represents is the "atomic" minimum
size, whereas #minExtent represents the compositie minimum size
considering the layout constraints.

Cheers,
   - Andreas