[squeak-dev] Re: breakpoint at primitiveAdd

Ang Beepeng beepeng86 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 25 15:15:09 UTC 2009

I'm running Squeak in debugging mode. I put a breakpoint at "primitiveAdd". I
open a workspace and type "3+4", then I print it.
Message '+' should have cause execution of "primitiveAdd", which lead to
Squeak stops at the breakpoint.
Instead, the result return as 7, as if code execution do not reach
"primitiveAdd" at all.
I try again, typing in "3+4". This time, I choose to debug "3+4". I step
into "+4", the program stops at breakpoint "primitiveAdd".
Therefore, I'm wondering what are the differences between the two. And why,
breakpoint at primitiveAdd not triggered?

Thanks.

Ang Beepeng