[squeak-dev] How do I use Monticello Configurations?

Joshua Gargus josh at schwa.ca
Wed Sep 30 08:49:27 UTC 2009

I've never used Monticello Configurations before, and would like some
guidance before I screw up the trunk (there's your motivation to
answer quickly, hah!  :-).  Here are my questions:

I don't feel like adding each package individually, since this seems
error-prone and is definitely tedious.  Is it safe to add packages
using match '*'?  This seems a bit dangerous, because I might
inadvertently add a package that doesn't belong (eg: if I'm also
working on a package that isn't in trunk/).  Is there a way to start
from a previous configuration?  In other words, can I populate a new
configuration using the latest versions of all packages in a previous
configuration?  If not, how do others go about this?

Can you specify multiple version of the same package in a single
configuration?  For example, if I want to load Compiler-jcg.85 before
Compiler-jcg.86, can I add them in that order to a Configuration, or
do I need to create two Configurations?

Thanks,
Josh