[squeak-dev] Mac carbon VM goes to 4.2.2Beta1U

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed Sep 30 20:24:26 UTC 2009

Ah, yes well the VM has never had a concept of storing the top/left
position of the window. It does store the width/height.
At the start of time the squeak window was set to
	Rect windowBounds = { 44, 8, 408, 648 };  /* default window bounds */
	//Dec 17th, 1996 9:21 AM

Currently it's
	window = SetUpWindow(44, 8, 44+height,
8+width,gSqueakWindowType,gSqueakWindowAttributes);

So as you see it's not been an issue for any of the developers to re-
think.
I did make a mantis report http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7400

To fix we would have to store the top/left somewhere in the image,
then consider issues about platform dependencies and
when you move between machines that have multiple screens, or single
screens of different sizes.

--
=
=