UI Buttons (was Re: [squeak-dev] MessageNames: clicking on class names)

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 21:12:02 UTC 2010

Check out RealEstateAgent. System tries to decided how big default windows
should be based on staggering policy (from prefs) and size of display. The
buttons resize dynamically in part to accommodate this (I think.) On my
little display, The system browser opens to small that it's unusable. I have
a one line "fix" for this in the inbox, but it looks like no one has (or
perhaps will) apply it. The deal is, if a default window height is less that
300, it's useless on my box, so I added a check that sets it to 300 hundred
at minimum.

FWIW, I hate that the buttons resize, RealEstateAgent is weird, and I can't
wait to dig in an rewrite some of this junk. At this point though, my guess
is that this stuff will have to wait for 4.2.