[squeak-dev] Tools for refactoring and 'quality control'

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 22:42:31 UTC 2010

> I'm working on a new OmniBrowser release that works in Squeak 4.1. In the meantime, try using this version of the refactoring engine:
>
> http://www.squeaksource.com/rb/Refactoring-Core-cwp.116.mcz

Hi, I tried this in the trunk image but RBParseTreeSearcher is
missing.  I don't mean to ask a dumb question but..  Can you help me
remember the overall structure and status of Refactoring Browser?
>From long-ago history, I seem to remember that RB had its own
browsers, but now I hear about "Refactoring Engine" and so was that
the RB domain factored out and made browser independent?  Did you do
that refactoring work as part of OB, and then use of the Refactoring
Engine was also picked up by the standard Squeak browsers?

Thanks for your insight.