Edgar from the Ostracism Re: [squeak-dev] Squeak 4.1 release candidate 2

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2005 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 21:11:20 UTC 2010

On 4/5/10 5:08 PM, "Juan Vuletich" <juan at jvuletich.org> wrote:

> Andreas Raab wrote:
>> Folks -
>>
>> I've prepared rc2 for testing of the 4.1 release on Squeak.org:
>>
>>   http://ftp.squeak.org/trunk/4.1rc2/

> Is there some way to take a 4.0 image and update it to 4.1?
>
> Thanks,
> Juan Vuletich

Andreas , Juan and all Squeakers.

I consider myself in Ostracism, so no mails and no discuss.

If people do not like warnings about broken code or different ways of doing,
no point in bother you.

But.

If I send mail here is about Squeak is more as one of us as individuals and
more as the new SOB.

I send some mails private about I was nominated Release Manager and several
concerns I have.

Repeat , I wish do the release.

The sources scheme is wrong.

IMHO

Let 4.0 have 4.0.1 and feed 4.0.1 with all initial steps before Closures and
freeze image here.
4.0 ends in 7159 .Say the step when Closures comes is 7200.
At this points , the life of 4.0.1 ends and new sources and empty changes
must be done.

Again I beg let 4.1 have dual way of updates.
Plain old real .cs in his updates folder as others forks like Cuis have.
Monticello via fake .cs as 3.10 or like the new trunk procedure.

May I do the release? Or must stick to my fork ?

Edgar