[squeak-dev] Re: 4.1 Welcome Text

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Apr 6 04:31:24 UTC 2010

On 4/5/2010 12:05 PM, Casey Ransberger wrote:
> In RC2 we have:
>
> "A new set of text editors has been added, allowing to decouple the
> Morphic and MVC implementations for improved modularity. Morphic has now
> regular blinking insertion point cursors instead of the (virtually
> invisible) static cursor previously."
>
> I recommend changing this paragraph to say:
>
> "A new set of text editors has been added, which allowed us to decouple
> the Morphic and MVC implementations for improved modularity. Morphic now
> has regular blinking insertion point cursors instead of the (virtually
> invisible) static cursor previously."
>
> (Changes: smoothed language from "allowing to" to "which allowed us to,"
> and "Morphic has now" to "Morphic now has.")

Excellent, thanks so much! Please folks *do* correct me - I'm not a
native speaker so my English often comes out a bit awkward. Being clear
and concise about what we've worked so hard on for the last year(s) is
important so if every native speaker can at least read the notes and fix
the most obvious issues I'm sure the result will be much better than I
could do.

Cheers,
  - Andreas