[squeak-dev] Re: Beeper can now only make one sound.

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Apr 7 04:26:46 UTC 2010

On 4/6/2010 9:13 PM, Jerome Peace wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> A curiosity and an annoyance.

It's called testing :-) And many thanks for doing it!

> " Beeper  beep: 'click' "
> will no longer work.
>
> " Morph new beep: 'click' "
> works ok but #beep: is now defined only in Morph an Player.
>
> " Beeper beep"
> will work ok
>
> The loss of #beep: from Beeper class is annoying because it has broken formerly working code. What happened to the process of deprecation?

Well, interestingly the method Beeper class>>beep: never existed (or at
least I can't find an image with it). The only thing that did exist was
Object>>beep: (which will work implicitly for requests for "Beeper beep:
'clink'"). Object>>beep: on the other hand has been deprecated since
Squeak 3.7. It looks like David finally nuked them in
39Deprecated-dtl.16 in November.

If we need Beeper class>>beep: back can you post a version that
addresses the problem?

Thanks,
   - Andreas