[squeak-dev] Re: SqueakMap soon working in 4.0/4.1!

Ian Trudel ian.trudel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 02:09:54 UTC 2010

2010/4/7 Chris Cunnington <smalltalktelevision at gmail.com>:

> Three ways to find code for Squeak. Only one is updated with regularity and
> you're fixing a tool to feed the problem.

I was glad to read about what Göran did. I like when there is buzz
around the community and a lot of activity. It's an healthy sign.
However, you've got a strong point here and it expresses the lack of
focus as a community. I believe there have been some improvements in
this area since 2009 but it's good that we are all reminded once in a
while.

> Is there something I don't get here or is that what you're doing: making the
> location of code more of a problem for beginners coming to Squeak? Ensuring
> they find a seemingly working solution only to find that nobody updates the
> RFB on SqueakMap.

This is the Great Squeak Paradox: it is entirely beginners unfriendly. :)

Ian.
--
http://mecenia.blogspot.com/