[squeak-dev] Re: UI design (Re: Proposal about SqueakMap etc

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Thu Apr 8 14:58:06 UTC 2010

>>>>> "Frank" == Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at angband.za.org> writes:

>> [...] UI design is documentation.

Frank> Can I have that on a T-shirt, please? Because that's one awesome
Frank> sentence.

Back when I was first learning technical writing from some very smart
people, our mantra was:

  The manual *is* the product.

As in, if it's not documented, it *doesn't* exist for the user.  And if
it's a good product but badly documented, it will be *perceived* as a
bad product.