[squeak-dev] Annoted Workspace window take 1:

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Fri Apr 9 15:22:41 UTC 2010

Chris Muller wrote:
> Your main question is, how do I make the box bigger?  Or how to do it
> automatically?  to make it bigger, you use the yellow resize handle at
> lower right...
>
> On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 6:36 PM, Lawson English <lenglish5 at cox.net> wrote:
>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UupaG5TB8Zc
>>

>> So how should I be trying to do this or is it going outside the boundaries
>> of what I should expect the canned interface to do out of the box?  If so,
>> how do I make the box bigger?

I didn't ask that very well. I meant, how do I make the box bigger that
I'm trying to think outside of (it took me a while to figure out what I
was trying to say :-/ ).

Mixed metaphors and all that.

Anyway, I figured out a few of my issues (though not perfectly): I can
create a workspace window and embed a painting morph within it and sorta
not paint outside the boundaries of the window. I can add little buttons
in the tile bar to switch modes between coding and annotating, etc.

Various glitches include: being able to set the size of the window so
small that the border is obscured by the paint area so I have to use
halos instead of the window border to resize the window larger; not
having any feedback for switching between coding/annotating mode; etc.

Thanks for yor feedback.