[squeak-dev] Minor glitch in OGLMorph and friends...

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Mon Apr 12 22:19:53 UTC 2010

Following Andreas' instructions, I can get an OpenGL thingie embedded in
a Morph.  Joeren modded my first attempt in order to make an OGLMorph
persistent after saving the image, which works fine.  If you close a
naked OGLMorph via the x-halo, it destroys the OGL context and hands the
screen memory back to squeak so the normal drawing won't skip the
rectangle that was reserved by the OGL context. HOWEVER, if I do the
menu Extras=>put in a window on the OGLMorph, things dont quite work as
expected. The most glaring issue is that clicking the x-halo in the
window deletes the window, but leaves a non selectable OGL rectangle on
the screen. Sending the original OGLMorph  another openInWorld makes it
selectable again.

There's minor glitches with redrawing the OGL context of the morph (with
or without Window wrapper) at the correct time, but the oddest part is
simply that closing the window leaves the context behind, while using
the x-halo to close the OGLMorph works as expected.

/sniff. I'm so confused.

To install 4.1 compatible OpenGL lib, get the latest 4.1rcX and evaluate
the following

(Installer repository: 'http://source.squeak.org/FFI')
    install: 'FFI-Pools';
    install: 'FFI-Kernel';
    install: 'FFI-Tests'.

(Installer repository: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/CroquetGL')
    install: '3DTransform';
    install: 'OpenGL-Pools';
    install: 'OpenGL-Core'.

The baby tutorial classes are found here under the name OpenGL-Tutorial

MCHttpRepository
location: 'http://croquet-src-01.oit.duke.edu:8886/Contributions'
    user: ''
    password: ''