[squeak-dev] quick handling of graphics files

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed Apr 14 02:30:31 UTC 2010

Sucks heh?

For Sophie we used quicktime document management to read documents. Well like any form of images, like say PNG files.

Right now your are reading and processing the bits in smalltalk, it's slow, also 50/50 it might give a walkback depending on what the PNG file is..

I had looked at porting the Sophie image reading logic into Pharo/Squeak as part of true graphic cut/copy,paste,
but it requires FFI which no-one seems interested in having in the base product.

John M. McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com>   Twitter:  squeaker68882