[squeak-dev] Mantis 0007472 copying text loses line endings (Ubuntu/Linux)

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 14 08:46:12 UTC 2010

Hi all.

I have been actively looking into this. I think I have traced the problem back to the primitive that reads in clipboard.

This is primitive 141. In 3.9 it will do the right thing with text from 4.1.1.

In 4.1.1 it will do the right thing with text from 3.9 but with text from an external 4.1.1 image it loses line endings.

I have no idea where to look for the source for the primitive.

What would help solve the  problem is a comparision of the primitive from version 3.9 and 4.1.1. I believe there must be some difference.

Yours in curiosity and service, --Jerome Peace, Fearless bug tracker