[squeak-dev] Re: Sound latchup problem is back with Squeak-4.0.3.2202-linux_i386.tar.gz (Ubuntu/Linux)

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 01:30:31 UTC 2010

Sorry for the late reply; but I have been fighting the same issue as
Jerome; it's a pretty bad one.  My code hit a Beep, something that
should have taken one minute was still running after an hour (I
suppose because the CPU was consumed but I didn't know that then).
Attempting to profile ended up in a locked image (couldn't interrupt
it with Alt+.).

Toggling soundStopWhenDone seemed to fix the problem.
Wow, I just was browsing senders of this method and noticed..  have a
look at SmalltalkImage>>#snapshot:andQuit:embedded:.  It calls
#setPlatformPreferences which takes the trouble to force it true if
booting into a Win32 environment, but false otherwise.  Someone knows
something about this..