[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Sound-wiz.16.mcz

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sun Apr 18 11:02:04 UTC 2010

On 18.04.2010, at 03:35, commits at source.squeak.org wrote:

> A new version of Sound was added to project The Inbox:
> http://source.squeak.org/inbox/Sound-wiz.16.mcz
>
> This adds String>>#sound.
>
> This is also my (wiz) Jerome Peaces first attempt to submit a package to the inbox. So in that sense it is a test for me.

Yay! Great that you made your way through Monticello :)

Technically the submission is good, that's how you can prepare your next submission too.

But you seem to have missed the discussion that we do not want it to be named #sound, but #asSound. Please resubmit.

Also, please use proper indention - everything except the method pattern needs to be indented one tab. If you are unsure about how to properly indent, choose "pretty print" from the shifted context menu, then edit to your liking. In this particular method, I personally would only indent the two lines with one tab each and leave it at that.

And as I'm picking nits, a really minor one is that you should use all lower-case for the category :)

> =============== Diff against Sound-nice.15 ===============
>
> Item was added:
> + ----- Method: String>>sound (in category '*sound-Synthesis') -----
> + sound
> + "Return a sound. Either from the sound library via SampleSound or else the Beeper default"
> + ^SampledSound soundNamed: self ifAbsent: [ Beeper default ]
> + !

Thanks!

- Bert -