[squeak-dev] Re: [Ometa] OMeta2 for Squeak?

Enrico Spinielli enrico.spinielli at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 18 13:54:55 UTC 2010

Hi all,
while trying some OMeta2 out I had to force a quit of Squeak VM.
I then tried to file in some of my recent changes from the
.changes file and for OMeta rules I get 'Syntax error' dialog
on '='.
Probably more scaffolding is needed to integrate OMeta2 (and likewise
extensions/DSLs) into Squeak completely...and I am not knowledgeable
enough to do it unfortunately :-(

Any hints from the gurus?
Thanks in advance and bye
Bye
Enrico

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 23:24, Hans-Martin Mosner <hmm at heeg.de> wrote:

> Am 16.04.2010 23:34, schrieb Alessandro Warth:
> > Oops, I forgot to attach the aforementioned changeset :)
>
> It's integrated now. For the terminally lazy I've thrown in an
> Monticello Configurations script, so using Installer you can load it
> with a one-liner:
> (Installer mc http: 'www.heeg.de/~hmm2/mc') install: 'OMeta2.mcm'
>
> BTW, is someone working on some better error handling? I'd really like
> to get some more information than "match failed" when I've forgotten to
> close a bracket in an input file... I know there had been some
> discussion about remembering how deep into the source file a match
> failure happened.
>
> Cheers,
> Hans-Martin

Enrico Spinielli
"Do Androids dream of electric sheep?"— Philip K. Dick
"Hear and forget; see and remember;do and understand."—Mitchel Resnick