[squeak-dev] autoAccessors broken in 4.1 rc5

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 16:12:10 UTC 2010

I don't understand how these sorts of fragments get into the image.
When you look at 3.9, the only senders of autoAccessors are for a
remove-script apparently to get rid of it.

So my question is:  Given that we are all trying to make the image
smaller and cleaner, how did this happen?

We know better than to half-introduce a feature or half-remove a
feature.  What happened here and do we need to consider additional
quality-control measures to catch these sorts of things?

Here is one example:  Before I version anything in MC, I review the
"Changes" list, and review every single change, to understand and
confirm why it was made.  I *assume* that everyone else does this too;
but then I won't tell you what my mother told me about "assume"..