[squeak-dev] Re: Note: Squeak 4.1 Unix - preset preferences for right mouse button

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 15:56:05 UTC 2010

> 2) Normalize the reporting of left/middle/right button in ALL VMs, including
> Mac which is screwed up just as badly since the keyboard modifiers used to
> get to the menus do not actually do the same thing as the buttons that are
> supposedly associated with the modifiers. (I don't recall the details but it
> was something like Ctrl+Left button gets you to the context menu but an
> actual 3button mouse on Mac generates Opt+Left button or something along
> those lines).

If we do address this, one thing I would like to suggest is that we
don't have more than one way to bring up the same menus..

I can't intercept Control+Click to do single-selection toggling in a
list because Control+Click is redundant with middle-click to bring up
the halos.  If I could intercept it, then we could get replace
PluggableListMorphOfMany with AlternatePluggableListMorphOfMany.

So I wish we would not consume all of the possible gestures, we should
leave some open for applications to have.  But I understand we have to
contend with the Mac, with its single-button mouse..  :(