[squeak-dev] MessageNames' search panel: keep resizable or make constant in height?

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at angband.za.org
Tue Apr 20 09:40:28 UTC 2010

I noticed that MessageNames' search panel has a button that resizes
proportionally with its window.

Given that I've submitted a few fixes recently on resizing buttons, I
thought I'd apply the same "UI guideline" and make that too constant in
height.

But that panel's not quite the same kind of animal as a Browser's
instance/?/class button panel, or a Browser's optional button panel
because, well, it's not a panel. It's just a button that sits next to an
input field.

So to my question: while clearly not an issue of pressing concern, would
it be better in the interests of look and feel uniformity to change this
button  to one of constant height?

In particular, I propose that the button and input field sit within a
pluggable panel of constant height. We fix the button size, and let the
input field take up the rest of the panel's space.

frank