Fixing links on the Download page (was: Re: [squeak-dev] Download link for 4.1 busted)

K. K. Subramaniam subbukk at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 14:30:06 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 20 April 2010 02:07:54 am Levente Uzonyi wrote:
> That's right, but the sources file was available separately with previous
> releases. They are linked directly from the download page. We can decide
> not to make it available separately, but people may think that the 4.0
> sources file are suitable for 4.1 (like it was with 3.x up to 3.8) unless
> we add a note about it.
A short README would be nice. Notes embedded in the image are not accessible
to search engines.

BTW, why are the VM binaries duplicated in squeakvm.org? If ftp.squeak.org is
the reference site, wouldn't it be better to point to it?

If the duplication is intentional, an MD5 checksum alongside is desirable.

Subbu