[squeak-dev] Proposal: Project Pink Book

Michael Haupt mhaupt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 10:27:37 UTC 2010

Hi Bert,

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 12:09 PM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
> IMHO the code is exactly where the documentation belongs.

but that does not work for tutorials or anything that goes a few steps
beyond plain class comments or single-method API-doc style
documentation. "Documentation" is simply more than just that.

> But the primary documentation should be internal. External documentation should be generated from the image, not the other way around.

I agree wrt. API documentation, but I firmly believe that higher-level
documentation is what many people would like to see. I'm extrapolating
from my own point of view here, and anyone that don't see themselves
represented by this are free to disagree. :-)

Best,

Michael