[squeak-dev] Proposal: Project Pink Book

Ralph Johnson johnson at cs.uiuc.edu
Wed Apr 21 14:26:00 UTC 2010

One of the big advantages of SUnit and its ilk are that tests are "just
code".  They can be versioned, inspected, refactored, released, announced,
etc just like code, because they are code.

So, I think it is great that you are trying to put documentation on the same
level.

It looks to me like you are thinking of several tools here.  One converts
documentation into HTML.   This might be a web site that just displays what
is in the image, or it might be a tool that goes through the image and
creates HTML, writing it out to the disk for display later.

Another is a way of including more tutorial-style documentation in the
image, and you are thinking about HelpSystem, right?

I assume you would like the material in HelpSystem to be on the web, too.

-Ralph