[squeak-dev] Re: [Pharo-project] [Question] ToolBuilder in Squeak 4.1 and Pharo 1.0 compatible?

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Thu Apr 22 10:00:32 UTC 2010

Just a meta remark

> What can I say ... I actually said in that discussion that the right choice is to introduce a different protocol, i.e., request:onCancel: or something similar. Now we'll end up with a new protocol anyways - I don't expect Pharo to change (too much pride involved)

This is not a question of pride.
	do not imply that we do not have serious users that would like to avoid move :)
	do not imply that we do actions based on pride, this was not the case. Since the old
	protocol was wrong people preferred to see it fixed - at that time it was not clear that compatibility with squeak
	could make sense. The deprecation only works if you add a different name. And this was not what we wanted at that time.
	I contacted damien to see what he is thinking and if there is something we could do.
	Because we may introduce request:onCancel: and rewrite the old senders.

Stef