[squeak-dev] Need your help filling a FAQ

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 08:28:48 UTC 2010

Hello guys,

i'm currently writing a documentation for my project - NativeBoost.

The work is based on a simple plugin which i wrote, which allows to
run a native code from Squeak.
The native code is attached to a compiled method itself (into its
trailer), and so lives within an image.
The plugin can run this code through a single primitive, which knows
how to do it right.

Actually VM requires very small changes to support that. The bulk of
the work lies at the language side.
I'm currently working on making FFI callout support interface which
will support many cool things, comparing to usual FFIPlugin. :)

I'd like to know, what details you want to know about it (tautology ;)
, so i will compose the FAQ along with other details about project.

P.S. Google became too smart :) Once i clicked 'send' button, its
shows a message box:
     Did you mean to attach files?
     You wrote "is attached" in your message, but there are no files
attached.  Send anyway?

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.