[squeak-dev] Menu Registries

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sun Apr 25 22:28:06 UTC 2010

On 25.04.2010, at 16:58, Stephan Wessels wrote:
> I have published this morning to Squeak Source a package that provides broader menu registry capability to the World Menu.  The package is WorldMenuRegistry-sbw.1.mcz.

As I said previously about the DesktopBackgroundLoader package this is not the right way to package your changes for the trunk. You must not make a package that modifies the Morphic package. Instead, please commit an updated Morphic package to the inbox (take a look at the packages I mention below for an example).

There are now two contenders for customizing the docking bar in the inbox, Morphic-kb.428 and Morphic-phite.428.  We should discuss the advantages of either approach in this thread. And I think it would be a good idea to unify the docking bar registry and the world menu registry - at least they should use a similar mechanism.

- Bert -