[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Morphic-phite.429.mcz

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 09:52:07 UTC 2010

Hello Philipp

I took a fresh 4.1 image, updated it to 10012, and loaded Morphic-phite.429.mcz.

As the comments were fine I was quickly able to write an example (code below).

Then I had to choose 'Rebuild menus'

It worked fine.
The question is now (see another thread by Bert) if we should go or
your solution (MenuSpec based) or the one by Steve Wessels (Pragma
based).

I do not feel too comfortable with pragmas yet whereas the MenuSpec is
something I easily understand. And in addition I have the gut feeling
that pragmas are meant for some more basic things (a kind of compiler
directive, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Directive_%28programming%29)

Like Bert  I would like to see some discussion **on this issue, but
not too along as I would like to start using this feature asap.

Hannes

** The thread started by Bert at
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2010-April/149563.html

-----------------------
Model subclass: #MyReallyNiceApplication
	instanceVariableNames: ''
	classVariableNames: ''
	poolDictionaries: ''
	category: 'MyMenuTests'!

"-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- "!

MyReallyNiceApplication class
	instanceVariableNames: ''!

!MyReallyNiceApplication class methodsFor: 'as yet unclassified'
stamp: 'hjh 4/26/2010 08:52'!
menuEntrySpecification
	"Test to add another entyr in the Help menu"

^MenuEntrySpec newForDockingBarFrom: (Dictionary newFromPairs: #(
		#contents 'Hello?'
		#location #('Help' 'a subMenu' 'another subMenu')
		#target MenuMorph #selector #inform: #arguments #('Hello World!!')
		))
! !