[squeak-dev] Meeting Report for 4/21/2010

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Apr 26 21:12:12 UTC 2010

http://squeakboard.wordpress.com/2010/04/23/meeting-report-for-4212010/

Last week we decided to do notes in a round-robin manner, so Bert is writing the report this time. Everyone except Randal was present (Andreas, Bert, Chris, Craig, Jecel, Juan).

First we had some virtual champagne over the 4.1 release. Yay! Might need a little more publicizing though.

Joining the SFC is still a top-priority. We received a current draft of the agreement. We are putting it up here [1], please have a look if you are interested.

We spent some time discussing the new interest in documentation, which we are very excited about. To give this the proper visibility, we think it should be made part of the release, and also be linked directly from squeak.org. To arrive at a plan of action swifter than by week-long mailing list discussions, we suggest that the interested  folks meet on IRC soon.

Jecel pointed out that on the project list [2], there were few commercial applications listed done in Squeak. That might give the impression that the community was somehow opposed to commercial use, which couldn’t be further from the truth. So let’s add some commercial examples there (and if there are too many, make another page). Please send in links with a short description!

Finally we want to thank Ian Trudel for taking the initiative with surveying [3] the community. We support the initiative, and are eager to see the results so we can take them into account in our future work.

And remember, anyone subscribed to squeak-dev can now contact the Board directly at board at squeak.org thanks to magic pixy dust sprinkled by Ken on every one of you!

[1] http://ftp.squeak.org/docs/squeak-sponsorship-agreement-apr19.pdf
[2] http://www.squeak.org/Projects/
[3] http://lists.squeak.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2010-April/149047.html