[squeak-dev] Re: Pragmas (Re: The Inbox: Morphic-phite.429.mcz)

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 21:13:19 UTC 2010

On 4/26/10, Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, then i wonder, what is the subject of discussion?
> If its only about terminology, then its not interesting. We may call
> it pragma, method annotation or whatever.
> I think that more improtant is how we handling it and what we can do with
> it.

The subject of the discussion is that we need a clear concept what
pragmas are and what they are not. Concepts have names. The names
invoke the concepts in people's minds. And the names have
connotations. It is about communication to get understood.

OK, this discussion diverts. The point of departure is that we need to
decide if we want the MenuRegistry to be pragma based or MenuSpec
based.

This leads me to think that for the MenuRegistry I prefer MenuSpecs
(which I actually did before).

So let's move ahead please and have somebody of the commiters put the
MenuRegistry in the trunk. Philipp Tessenow has posted his third
version** of the MenuRegistry today to the inbox. May I ask one of the
commiters to have a look at it please and if there are no strong
objections commit it to the trunk?

** http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2010-April/149641.html

--Hannes