[squeak-dev] Search bar, or is it?

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Tue Apr 27 14:51:41 UTC 2010

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010, Ian Trudel wrote:

> Hi Levente,
>
> There was a screenshot attached to my previous message. Press and hold
> a key in the search bar and look at your screen. The entire menu bar
> will grow as the characters will exceed the search bar's width and it
> will take over all the screen.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. It's a feature. I guess you didn't
try what I suggested. So please try one of these:
0 tinyBenchmarks
Smalltalk garbageCollect
[ Object compileAll ] bench

It can be improved of course (by making sure that only the search bar
grows and not the whole docking bar), but the feature freeze of 4.1 was
too close when we added the search bar.

Levente